Gopichand upbeat about India`s chances at World C`ship
Hyderabad: Chief national coach Pullela Gopichand is upbeat about Indian shuttlers` chances in the upcoming World Championship and said they have prepared well for the tournament, starting August 5 in China.
"Overall preparation has been good for World Championship. We were able to prepare well since we got good time during the last four-five weeks," he told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
Asked about expectations from ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal, Gopichand said she goes in as favourite in every tournament she plays.
"Besides Saina, every member of the team stands a chance to do well, he said.
"It could be Kashyap, Ajay Jayaram, Sindhu or Ashwini and Pradnya, Ashwini and Tarun."
Cautioning his players against complacency, he said players to take one match at a time as there are no easy matches in such big tournaments.
"You have to just take one match at a time. There is no easy match in tournaments like World Championship. You need to be alert and I would rather take it one match at a time than think about the next match," he advised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why