Gordon wins Diamond League 400m gold
Monaco: Trinidad and Tobago`s Jehue Gordon won the men’s 400 metres hurdles at the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Diamond League Herculis meeting here.
Gordon performed impressively in the final 100m to post a season’s best of 48 seconds flat beating American Johnny Dutch (48.2 seconds) and Javier Culson of Puerto Rico (48.35) on Friday
Meanwhile, Ivory Coast`s Murielle Ahoure edged her closest rivals to win the women’s 200m at the Stade Louis Stadium.
Ahoure, who becomes the first woman to win two Diamond League races this season, stormed to a 22.24 second win ahead of American Tiffany Townsend, who ran a personal best (22.26) and Jamaica`s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce third (22.28).
Carmelita Jeter, coming off an injury in the Shanghai Diamond League, did not start.
In the men`s 100m, American Justin Gatlin came first in 9.94 seconds with countryman Dentarious Locke, running his personal best 9.96 seconds, finishing second and France`s Jimmy Vicaut finished third in 9.99 seconds.
The next Diamond League event is the Sainsbury`s Anniversary Games in London from July 26-27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it