Gordon wins Diamond League 400m gold
Monaco: Trinidad and Tobago`s Jehue Gordon won the men’s 400 metres hurdles at the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Diamond League Herculis meeting here.
Gordon performed impressively in the final 100m to post a season’s best of 48 seconds flat beating American Johnny Dutch (48.2 seconds) and Javier Culson of Puerto Rico (48.35) on Friday
Meanwhile, Ivory Coast`s Murielle Ahoure edged her closest rivals to win the women’s 200m at the Stade Louis Stadium.
Ahoure, who becomes the first woman to win two Diamond League races this season, stormed to a 22.24 second win ahead of American Tiffany Townsend, who ran a personal best (22.26) and Jamaica`s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce third (22.28).
Carmelita Jeter, coming off an injury in the Shanghai Diamond League, did not start.
In the men`s 100m, American Justin Gatlin came first in 9.94 seconds with countryman Dentarious Locke, running his personal best 9.96 seconds, finishing second and France`s Jimmy Vicaut finished third in 9.99 seconds.
The next Diamond League event is the Sainsbury`s Anniversary Games in London from July 26-27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3