Gordon wins Diamond League 400m gold
Monaco: Trinidad and Tobago`s Jehue Gordon won the men’s 400 metres hurdles at the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Diamond League Herculis meeting here.
Gordon performed impressively in the final 100m to post a season’s best of 48 seconds flat beating American Johnny Dutch (48.2 seconds) and Javier Culson of Puerto Rico (48.35) on Friday
Meanwhile, Ivory Coast`s Murielle Ahoure edged her closest rivals to win the women’s 200m at the Stade Louis Stadium.
Ahoure, who becomes the first woman to win two Diamond League races this season, stormed to a 22.24 second win ahead of American Tiffany Townsend, who ran a personal best (22.26) and Jamaica`s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce third (22.28).
Carmelita Jeter, coming off an injury in the Shanghai Diamond League, did not start.
In the men`s 100m, American Justin Gatlin came first in 9.94 seconds with countryman Dentarious Locke, running his personal best 9.96 seconds, finishing second and France`s Jimmy Vicaut finished third in 9.99 seconds.
The next Diamond League event is the Sainsbury`s Anniversary Games in London from July 26-27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves