Gurusaidatt loses, Indian challenge ends at NZ International
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended at the New Zealand International Challenge badminton tournament after RMV Gurusaidatt lost to Hong Kong`s Wing Ki Wong in a marathon quarter-final contest in Auckland on Saturday.
Gurusaidatt lost 20-22 23-21 16-21 in a match, which lasted over an hour, to bow out of the event.
National champion Arvind Bhat had also crashed out after losing to Chinese Taipei`s Jen Hao Hsu 21-19 21-16 in a hard-fought battle in the pre-quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit