Gurusaidatt loses, Indian challenge ends at NZ International
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended at the New Zealand International Challenge badminton tournament after RMV Gurusaidatt lost to Hong Kong`s Wing Ki Wong in a marathon quarter-final contest in Auckland on Saturday.
Gurusaidatt lost 20-22 23-21 16-21 in a match, which lasted over an hour, to bow out of the event.
National champion Arvind Bhat had also crashed out after losing to Chinese Taipei`s Jen Hao Hsu 21-19 21-16 in a hard-fought battle in the pre-quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand