Gurusaidatt loses, Indian challenge ends at NZ International
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended at the New Zealand International Challenge badminton tournament after RMV Gurusaidatt lost to Hong Kong`s Wing Ki Wong in a marathon quarter-final contest in Auckland on Saturday.
Gurusaidatt lost 20-22 23-21 16-21 in a match, which lasted over an hour, to bow out of the event.
National champion Arvind Bhat had also crashed out after losing to Chinese Taipei`s Jen Hao Hsu 21-19 21-16 in a hard-fought battle in the pre-quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users