Gurusaidatt loses, Indian challenge ends at NZ International
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended at the New Zealand International Challenge badminton tournament after RMV Gurusaidatt lost to Hong Kong`s Wing Ki Wong in a marathon quarter-final contest in Auckland on Saturday.
Gurusaidatt lost 20-22 23-21 16-21 in a match, which lasted over an hour, to bow out of the event.
National champion Arvind Bhat had also crashed out after losing to Chinese Taipei`s Jen Hao Hsu 21-19 21-16 in a hard-fought battle in the pre-quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray