Gutta, Ponnappa lose in Korea Open Super Series
Seoul: Commonwealth Games gold medallist pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa on Thursday suffered a straight-game defeat in the third round of the women`s doubles competition to crash out of USD 600,000 Korea Open Super Series badminton tournament.
The world championship bronze medallist combo of Gutta and Ponnappa lost 18-21 12-21 to third seeded Korean pair of Ye Na Jang and So Young Kim in a 40-minute contest.
Ponnappa also suffered a heartbreak at the mixed doubles competition when she along with her partner Tarun Kona lost 10-21 15-21 to seventh seeded German combo of Michael Fuchs and Birgit Michels in another 31 minute match.
With these losses, Indian campaign ended at the Korea Open as singles shuttlers had suffered disappointing defeats in the first round itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!