Gutta, Ponnappa lose in Korea Open Super Series
Seoul: Commonwealth Games gold medallist pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa on Thursday suffered a straight-game defeat in the third round of the women`s doubles competition to crash out of USD 600,000 Korea Open Super Series badminton tournament.
The world championship bronze medallist combo of Gutta and Ponnappa lost 18-21 12-21 to third seeded Korean pair of Ye Na Jang and So Young Kim in a 40-minute contest.
Ponnappa also suffered a heartbreak at the mixed doubles competition when she along with her partner Tarun Kona lost 10-21 15-21 to seventh seeded German combo of Michael Fuchs and Birgit Michels in another 31 minute match.
With these losses, Indian campaign ended at the Korea Open as singles shuttlers had suffered disappointing defeats in the first round itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas