Gutta, Ponnappa lose in Korea Open Super Series
Seoul: Commonwealth Games gold medallist pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa on Thursday suffered a straight-game defeat in the third round of the women`s doubles competition to crash out of USD 600,000 Korea Open Super Series badminton tournament.
The world championship bronze medallist combo of Gutta and Ponnappa lost 18-21 12-21 to third seeded Korean pair of Ye Na Jang and So Young Kim in a 40-minute contest.
Ponnappa also suffered a heartbreak at the mixed doubles competition when she along with her partner Tarun Kona lost 10-21 15-21 to seventh seeded German combo of Michael Fuchs and Birgit Michels in another 31 minute match.
With these losses, Indian campaign ended at the Korea Open as singles shuttlers had suffered disappointing defeats in the first round itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video