HC to hear plea against polls of Wrestling Federation of India
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court would on Wednesday hear a plea against the election of Vice President and General Secretary of Wrestling Federation of India (WFI). Justice Vipin Sanghi, who had recently quashed the election of the President of WFI and ordered a fresh poll for the post, would hear the fresh petition against selection of two other office-bearers of the sports body.
Narinder Mahajan and others said in the plea that "the petitioners are seeking kind indulgence of the court for quashing the election of ... held on April 15, 2011 to the posts of Secretary General and Senior Vice-President, WFI (Respondent No 1) being wholly against the Constitution of WFI."
Earlier, the court had said that though it had quashed the election of President only, others may also approach and dispute the election of other office bearers of WFI.
Mahajan, in the petition, also sought a stay on the January 6 notification of WFI for election to the post of its President.
"The election notification ... is bad and illegal and is liable to be set-aside as same has been issued with malafide intention to conduct election to the post of President only and not all 3 posts simultaneously," it said.
The court, while quashing election of the President of WFI, did not deal with selection of other office bearers as members of Haryana Wrestling Association withdrew their allegations against the Senior Vice President and the General Secretary of WFI.
"The petitioner had given up challenge to the elections for the posts of the Senior Vice President and the General Secretary in the election process in question and the same has not been challenged before me in these proceedings, the elections to the said posts is sustained, without prejudice to the rights of any other person to challenge the same independently in other proceedings," the court had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics