Heathcote leaves Bath for Edinburgh
Scotland international fly-half Tom Heathcote is to join Edinburgh for next season, his current club Bath confirmed on Monday.
The 22-year-old number 10, who has won three caps for Scotland, had a year left on his existing Bath contract, but the Premiership club agreed to let him go "to allow him to progress his career and international aspirations".
Born in Inverness, Heathcote progressed through Bath`s academy system, making more than 50 first team appearances and scoring close to 400 points.
"This was a really hard decision for me to make," he told the club`s official website.
"I`ve played all my senior rugby at Bath and have had some fantastic experiences here.
"I haven`t been able to get the game-time I would have liked this season though, and if I am to push on with my career and playing for Scotland I need to be playing regular rugby."
Bath head coach Mike Ford added: "He`s a fantastic young player and a true professional at a young age.
"He was keen to move to help further his international career before the Rugby World Cup, and we didn`t want to hinder his chances of playing for Scotland.
"I am sure the move will help him reach his full potential, and we wish him all the very best at Edinburgh."
Edinburgh had announced that Heathcote has agreed a one-year contract with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened