India lose 2-5 to China in Junior Women`s Asia Cup hockey
Bangkok: India lost 2-5 to China in a Group A league match of the sixth Junior Women`s Asia Cup hockey tournament here on Monday.
India scored through Vandana Katariya (33rd minute) and Anupa Barla (57th minute), while Weijia Hao (11th and 24th minute), Na Wang (18th minute), Xiayun Xi (62nd minute) and Ailin Jiang (64th minute) were the goal-getters for China.
China took lead in the 11th minute with a field goal scored from Hao, and soon doubled the lead when Wang sounded the board seven minutes later.
Hao then scored her second goal for China in the 24th minute to take a comfortable 3-0 lead over the Indians.
However, India showed great fighting spirit and reduced the margin in the 33rd minute when Vandana scored a brilliant goal from the top of the circle.
India then brought the scoreline down to 2-3 when Anupa ndia go down 2-5 when striker Anupa scored another field goal in the 57th minute.
But China, who led 3-1 at the half time, scored two more goals in the second half with strikes from Xiayun Xi and Jiang to take the match beyond India`s reach.
India will now have to win their last league match against Malaysia on Tuesday to qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore