India signs MoU with Turkey on cooperation in sports
New Delhi: India and Turkey today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhancing cooperation in sports and youth activities.
The MoU was signed by Sports Minister Ajay Maken and his Turkish counterpart Suat Kilic in Ankara today. Maken is currently on a three-day official visit to Turkey.
The MoU provides the framework for advancement of linkages and cooperation through sports and youth agencies of the respective governments. The two countries will encourage and support exchanges of programmes, experiences, skills, techniques, information and knowledge in the several areas of cooperation in sports and youth activities.
The exchanges would include training and competition of athletes and teams, training and technical assistance for coaches, visits of sports administrators, professional, technicians and sports support personnel and experts, fostering youth tourism, organizing joint youth camps and friendly sports events and training, exchange and assistance programmes for sports sciences personnel and development of sports science.
Maken expressed hope that the MoU will pave the way for further enhancing traditional ties between both the countries, especially among the youth, a release said.
Maken also congratulated Turkey on Istanbul being shortlisted for Olympics 2020.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss