India start preparatory camp ahead of Champions Challenge 1
Patiala: A three-week long preparatory camp for India`s senior women core probables for the FIH Champions Challenge 1 on Monday started at the National Institute of Sports (NIS) here and will continue till April 12.
The FIH Champions Challenge 1 is scheduled to be held at Glasgow from April 27 to May 4.
India is placed in Pool A alongside Korea, Belgium and hosts Scotland while USA, South Africa, Spain and Ireland form Pool B. Indian eves opening match is against Korea on April 27.
Indian senior women`s team will depart for Ireland on April 10 to play a three-match Test series against the Irish national side as part of preparation and acclimatisation ahead of the Champions Challenge 1.
The FIH Champions Challenge 1 is a crucial tournament for Indian senior women`s team as post that they will play for other major events like Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
"The preparatory camp is set to take off today and we are expecting to create the finest of the senior women`s squad for the upcoming championship and future challenges as well. The team has got a strong squad lined up and the preparatory camp is going to smoothen out the rough edges. This preparatory camp will help deliver bigger and better results," Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra said.
The 33 senior women core probables for the preparatory camp are:
Goalkeepers: Yogita Bali, Savita, Rajni Etimarpu.
Defenders: Deep Grace Ekka, Deepika, Kirandeep Kaur, Sunita Lakra, Sandeep Kaur, Manjit Kaur, Monika Malik, Sushila Chanu, M N Ponnamma, Asunta Lakra, Joydeep Kaur, Jaspreet Kaur.
Midfielders: Ritu Rani, Namita Toppo, Chanchan Devi Thokchom, Lilima Minz, Liliy Chanu, Navjot Kaur, Amandeep Kaur, Renuka Yadav, Soundarya Yendala.
Forwards: Vandana Katariya, Rani, Poonam Rani, Ritusha Arya, Navneet Kaur, Jaswinder Kaur, Neha Goyal, Anupa Barla, Anuradha Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah