India to host Commonwealth TT Championship in May next year
New Delhi: India will host the 19th edition of the Commonwealth Table Tennis championship in the capital from the May 5-10 next year.
"The championship is going to take place from the May 5-10. The decision in this regard was taken during the World Junior Championships last week," V K Bawa, Treasurer TTFI, said.
"The Commonwealth TT federation had asked TTFI to host this event and we have already sent our acceptance for the same. Thyagaraja stadium in New Delhi has also been booked," he said.
Bawa said the IOC`s decision to ban IOA would not have any impact on hosting this tournament as it comes under the purview of the Commonwealth federation.
India has hosted this championship earlier on four occasions, last time in Jaipur in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof