India to participate in hockey tourney in Pakistan
Lahore: The Indian hockey team will participate in a three-nation tournament to be held here next month, the Pakistan Hockey Federation has claimed.
Pakistan Hockey Federation secretary Asif Bajwa said India and Malaysia had both sent their confirmations for the tourney which would be held in April.
"We had also invited South Africa and Argentina for the event but have got no positive response from them. But the biggest news for us is that India has confirmed it will come for the event," he said.
The PHF secretary said they had been told that Hockey India had been given clearance by the government to travel to Pakistan for the event.
"The tournament will be another big step towards reviving international hockey in Pakistan after the tour by China last December for the Test series," he said.
The tournament, according to the PHF, will serve as perfect preparation for the London Olympic Games.
Pakistan, India and Malaysia will also be taking part in the Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok