India to participate in hockey tourney in Pakistan
Lahore: The Indian hockey team will participate in a three-nation tournament to be held here next month, the Pakistan Hockey Federation has claimed.
Pakistan Hockey Federation secretary Asif Bajwa said India and Malaysia had both sent their confirmations for the tourney which would be held in April.
"We had also invited South Africa and Argentina for the event but have got no positive response from them. But the biggest news for us is that India has confirmed it will come for the event," he said.
The PHF secretary said they had been told that Hockey India had been given clearance by the government to travel to Pakistan for the event.
"The tournament will be another big step towards reviving international hockey in Pakistan after the tour by China last December for the Test series," he said.
The tournament, according to the PHF, will serve as perfect preparation for the London Olympic Games.
Pakistan, India and Malaysia will also be taking part in the Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani