India to participate in hockey tourney in Pakistan
Lahore: The Indian hockey team will participate in a three-nation tournament to be held here next month, the Pakistan Hockey Federation has claimed.
Pakistan Hockey Federation secretary Asif Bajwa said India and Malaysia had both sent their confirmations for the tourney which would be held in April.
"We had also invited South Africa and Argentina for the event but have got no positive response from them. But the biggest news for us is that India has confirmed it will come for the event," he said.
The PHF secretary said they had been told that Hockey India had been given clearance by the government to travel to Pakistan for the event.
"The tournament will be another big step towards reviving international hockey in Pakistan after the tour by China last December for the Test series," he said.
The tournament, according to the PHF, will serve as perfect preparation for the London Olympic Games.
Pakistan, India and Malaysia will also be taking part in the Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city