India win inaugural Asian Team Snooker Championship
New Delhi: The Indian team, consisting of Manan Chandra, Brijesh Damani and Alok Kumar, clinched the inaugural Asian Team Snooker Championships after blanking Iran 3-0 in the title clash in Doha, Qatar.
The Indian cueists were in red-hot form right from the start and topped their group with three wins from as many games.
After the group stages, India were the only team to remain undefeated. Pakistan, China and Thailand finished on top of their respective groups but suffered a defeat each.
India had little obstruction in clinching gold as they had outplayed Qatar 3-1 in the quarterfinals, beat Afghanistan 3-1 in the semifinals before registering a clean sweep against Iran scoring 61-49 (Single); 58-16 (Single); and 63-55 (double), last night.
Sanjay Sawant accompanied the team India as coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug