India win inaugural Asian Team Snooker Championship
New Delhi: The Indian team, consisting of Manan Chandra, Brijesh Damani and Alok Kumar, clinched the inaugural Asian Team Snooker Championships after blanking Iran 3-0 in the title clash in Doha, Qatar.
The Indian cueists were in red-hot form right from the start and topped their group with three wins from as many games.
After the group stages, India were the only team to remain undefeated. Pakistan, China and Thailand finished on top of their respective groups but suffered a defeat each.
India had little obstruction in clinching gold as they had outplayed Qatar 3-1 in the quarterfinals, beat Afghanistan 3-1 in the semifinals before registering a clean sweep against Iran scoring 61-49 (Single); 58-16 (Single); and 63-55 (double), last night.
Sanjay Sawant accompanied the team India as coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing