IBL 2013: Cricketers bat for the League
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The inaugural season of Indian Badminton League is getting popular with every passing day.
Luckily for the game and the League, Indian cricketers are also showing interest in the League by supporting their respective teams.
On Sunday, former Indian skipper Rahul Dravid reached the Kanteerva indoor stadium in Bangalore to support the home side of Banga Beats, with his family.
Earlier, Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, Ajit Agarkar and Syed Kirmani also visited Sardar Patel Stadium (NSCI) to cheer their home side in Mumbai Masters.
Another Indian cricketer R Ashwin is also following IBL. He recently tweeted: “Really enjoyed watching the IBL so far, happy supporting the underdog in each and every game.”
In fact one of the former Indian skippers, Sunil Gavaskar is the co-owner of the franchise -- Mumbai Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases