Indian challenge ends in world juniors
New Delhi: India`s challenge in the BWF world badminton championship in Bangkok, Thailand, came to an end as Ruthvika Shivani and Rituparna Das went down fighting against higher ranked opponents.
Both Ruthvika and Rituparna had an uphill task in the pre-quarterfinals and despite the two girls putting up a gallant show, their efforts were not enough to register an upset win.
Ruthvika, who faced world number 84 and third seed Akane Yamaguchi of Japan, went down 21-10 21-15, while Rituparna lost 21-13 21-8 to Singapore`s Xiaoyu Liang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!