Indian challenge ends in world juniors
New Delhi: India`s challenge in the BWF world badminton championship in Bangkok, Thailand, came to an end as Ruthvika Shivani and Rituparna Das went down fighting against higher ranked opponents.
Both Ruthvika and Rituparna had an uphill task in the pre-quarterfinals and despite the two girls putting up a gallant show, their efforts were not enough to register an upset win.
Ruthvika, who faced world number 84 and third seed Akane Yamaguchi of Japan, went down 21-10 21-15, while Rituparna lost 21-13 21-8 to Singapore`s Xiaoyu Liang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt