Indian eves defeat HC Rotterdam 4-3 in warm-up game
New Delhi: Ritu Rani scored twice as India defeated Hockey Club Rotterdam 4-3 in their first game played in Rottterdam on Tuesday.
According to information received here, Poonam Rani scored first goal for India in the 8th minute. HC Rotterdam tried to reduce the margin in the 13th minute through field goal.
In the 19th and 23rd minute, home team struck twice to build pressure on India.
In the second half of the game, India, showing appreciable fluency and purpose, applied pressure on the home.
A field goal scored by Ritu Rani in the 51st minute helped India to reduce the margin.
In the 57th minute a field goal scored by Namita Toppo helped India to level the score.
India stepped up the pressure and scored a winning goal in the 62nd minute with the penalty stroke converted by Ritu Rani.
This tour is regarding the preparations of the Indian Women Hockey team for the FIH Women Hockey World League Round- 3(Semi-finals) to be played at Rotterdam, Netherlands from 13-23 June 2013. India will now play their next game against the National Team in Utrecht, Netherlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price