Indian eves defeat HC Rotterdam 4-3 in warm-up game
New Delhi: Ritu Rani scored twice as India defeated Hockey Club Rotterdam 4-3 in their first game played in Rottterdam on Tuesday.
According to information received here, Poonam Rani scored first goal for India in the 8th minute. HC Rotterdam tried to reduce the margin in the 13th minute through field goal.
In the 19th and 23rd minute, home team struck twice to build pressure on India.
In the second half of the game, India, showing appreciable fluency and purpose, applied pressure on the home.
A field goal scored by Ritu Rani in the 51st minute helped India to reduce the margin.
In the 57th minute a field goal scored by Namita Toppo helped India to level the score.
India stepped up the pressure and scored a winning goal in the 62nd minute with the penalty stroke converted by Ritu Rani.
This tour is regarding the preparations of the Indian Women Hockey team for the FIH Women Hockey World League Round- 3(Semi-finals) to be played at Rotterdam, Netherlands from 13-23 June 2013. India will now play their next game against the National Team in Utrecht, Netherlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation