Indian eves to play six-Test series in New Zealand next month
New Delhi: The 18-member Indian women`s team will tour New Zealand from December 6 to 16 to play six Tests as part of its preparations for FIH World League round two tournament.
FIH World League round two tournament will be held in Delhi from February 18 to 24.
The 18-member squad will be captained by midfielder Ritu Rani, while forward Soundarya Yendala has been named the vice-captain.
Hockey India selectors B P Govinda, Savitry Purty and Surender Kaur, along with Government observer Harbinder Singh and chief coach Neil Hawgood watched the trials at Aish Bagh Hockey Stadium and Mayur Park stadium in Bhopal on November 9 and 10 and shotlisted 18 players and eight stand-byes.
The schedule for the Test series:
Dec 8: 1st Test, Napier, Dec 9: 2nd Test, Napier, Dec 11: 3rd Test, Palmerston North, Dec 12: 4th Test, Palmerston North, Dec 14: 5th Test, Wellington, Dec 15: 6th Test, Wellington.
Goalkeepers: Savita, Rajani Etimarpu.
Defenders: Deep Grace Ekka, Kirandeep Kaur, Jaspreet Kaur, Kiran Dahiya, M N Ponnamma, Deepika.
Midfielders: Sushila Chanu, Ritu Rani (capt), Chanchan Devi, Poonam Rani, Namita Toppo, Lilima Minz.
Forwards: Vandana Katariya, Navjot Kaur, Anupa Barla, Soundarya Yendala (vice-capt).
Stand-byes: Yogita Bali (goalkeeper), Joydeep Kaur, Pinki Devi, Rashmi Singh (all defenders), Sunita Lakra, Monika Malik (all midfielders), Lily Chanu, Roselin Dung Dung (all forwards).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police