Indian squash team seeded 8th for Men`s World Team Championship
New Delhi: The India team, led by national champion Saurav Ghosal, has been seeded eighth in the 24th WSF Men`s World Team Championship to be played in Mulhouse, France from June 9-15.
The other team members are Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu, Mahesh Mangaonkar & Ramit Tandon.
India will kickstart their campaign on June 9 against Argentina, followed by Finland (June 10) and Venezuela (June 11).
The team will leave tonight for the biennial championships which will be held in France for the first time in the event`s 46-year history.
"We are certainly confident of doing better this year, we have a great mix of experience and youth in our squad," said national coach Cyrus Poncha who will be accompanying the side.
Defending champions Egypt is the top-seeded team in the competition in which 31 nations will be participating.
The Indian team finished in 7th position in the 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir