Indian women kabaddi team wins gold in Asian Beach Games
New Delhi: Indian women`s kabaddi team on Friday defeated Thailand 54-25 in the final to clinch the gold medal in the third Asian Beach Games in Haiyang, China.
India put up a good show and dominated throughout the match, leading 27-12 at the half time.
The Indian team, which consisted of Marshal Mary, Mamata, Priyanka, Priyanka Negi, Kavita Devi and Randeep Kaur, were equally good in the second half and added another 27 points to wrap up the match.
According to the final medal tally, Indian women team also won a gold in basketball, while Indian men`s kabbadi team won a bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you