Indian women kabaddi team wins gold in Asian Beach Games
New Delhi: Indian women`s kabaddi team on Friday defeated Thailand 54-25 in the final to clinch the gold medal in the third Asian Beach Games in Haiyang, China.
India put up a good show and dominated throughout the match, leading 27-12 at the half time.
The Indian team, which consisted of Marshal Mary, Mamata, Priyanka, Priyanka Negi, Kavita Devi and Randeep Kaur, were equally good in the second half and added another 27 points to wrap up the match.
According to the final medal tally, Indian women team also won a gold in basketball, while Indian men`s kabbadi team won a bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday