Jharkhand outplay Bihar in East Zone basketball tourney
Jamshedpur: Hosts Jharkhand trounced Bihar 58-20 in the opener of the East Zone Basketball Championship for men`s and women`s on Wednesday.
Jharkhand dominated the proceedings right from the start and led the half time 28-6 before wrapping up the match comfortably at the newly-built Indian Steel and Wire Products Limited (ISWP) sports complex.
Rakesh Sangwan emerged as highest scorer with 18 while Narendra netted 8 points for the winners. Bihar`s Manvendra top scored with 15 points.
Earlier, Nerurkar flanked by ISWP Managing Director, Pradeep Srivastava, who himself was a basketball player of international repute in the 1980s and President of Jharkhand State Basketball Association (JSBA), inaugurated the sports complex which has facilities for Volleyball, football, Archery, walking tracks, besides the basketball court.
The facility was developed over 400 sq meter land owned by the company.
Amit Sahay, Chief (HR) of ISWP, said the purpose was to provide sports facilities to the community and hone the hidden local talents. Sahay claimed that the facilities available in the complex were of international standard.
In the men`s section, defending champions Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura & host Jharkhand will vie for honours while in the women`s section, defending champions Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Odisha, UP & host Jharkhand will slug it out in the four-day meet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India