Karnataka enters QFs of 3rd Hockey India Sr Women Natl
Lucknow: Chaitra KC strcuk twice to help Karnataka enter the quarterfinals of the third Hockey India Senior Women National Hockey Championship, with a 2-1 win over Odisha here on Monday.
For Karnataka, Chaitra (12th min, 22nd) found the target twice while Raina Yadav (26th) scored the lone goal for Odisha in a pool G match at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Gobind Singh College here.
In the other match of the day, Mumbai Hockey Association Limited (MHA Ltd) troounced Rajasthan 12-1 in pool B.
Pratibha Sawant (21th, 30th, 39th, 62nd), Sarita Hanuman (10th, 26th, 49th), Jahanara Bano (28th, 48th), Afshan Basha (24th), Krishna Patel (61st) were the goalscorers for MHA Ltd, while Jaya Chouhan (46th) scored the only goal for Rajasthan.
In another pool B encounter, Haryana got a walkover from Bengal Hockey Association.
In pool F, Hockey Bhopal hammered Gujarat 19-0.
Railways, meanwhile have already qualified for quarterfinals.
Meanwhile, Spurthi H P scored four goals as Karnataka trounced hosts Tamil Nadu 9-0 to win the third Hockey
India Sub-Junior Women National Championship (South Zone) at Mayor Radhakrishnan Hockey Stadium in Egmore, Chennai on Monday.
Karnataka, who led 4-0 at the half time, scored through Leelavathi (3rd min), Spurthi (8th, 33rd, 46th, 60th), Ramya A N (29th, 60th), Keerthana (49th) and an own goal (66th).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees