Khade qualifies for 2012 London Olympics
New Delhi: Virdhawal Khade on Wednesday became the second Indian swimmer to qualify for next year`s London Olympics by clocking 50.34s in the 100m freestyle event at the 14th FINA World Championships in Shanghai.
Khade thus joined Sandeep Sejwal, who had earlier qualified for the 100m breaststroke event in the London Games.
Competing in heat nine, Khade could not make the semifinals but managed to cross the qualifying mark. He covered the 50m distance in 24.08s.
He finished tied 41st overall out of 105 competitors.
Sharath Gayakwad has also qualified for the London Paralympics in the 100m breaststroke event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment