Khade qualifies for 2012 London Olympics
New Delhi: Virdhawal Khade on Wednesday became the second Indian swimmer to qualify for next year`s London Olympics by clocking 50.34s in the 100m freestyle event at the 14th FINA World Championships in Shanghai.
Khade thus joined Sandeep Sejwal, who had earlier qualified for the 100m breaststroke event in the London Games.
Competing in heat nine, Khade could not make the semifinals but managed to cross the qualifying mark. He covered the 50m distance in 24.08s.
He finished tied 41st overall out of 105 competitors.
Sharath Gayakwad has also qualified for the London Paralympics in the 100m breaststroke event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security