Khade wins 8 medals in Malaysian Championship
New Delhi: Asian Games bronze medallist Virdhawal Khade put up an impressive show at the 54th Malaysia Open Swimming Championship by bagging eight medals, including three gold.
Khade won gold medals in the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle events and two silver in the 50m and 100m butterfly events at the National Aquatics Centre in Bukit Jalil in Kuala Lumpur.
Ashwin Menon won a bronze in men`s 200m backstroke with a timing of 2:10.86s.
Khade reset the meet record in the 50m Freestyle category by clocking 23.01s. In the 100m freestyle he managed a timing of 51.01s while in the 200m freestyle he clocked 1:52.19s to claim gold.
In the 100m butterfly event, he clocked 54.67s while Vietnam`s Hoang Quy Phuoc (53.56s) took gold.
Apart from individual events, Khade won three silver medals in the relay events.
"It was a highly satisfying meet and I am happy that I bettered my timings. I look forward to the upcoming events and hope to bring more laurels to India," said Khade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa