Khade wins 8 medals in Malaysian Championship
New Delhi: Asian Games bronze medallist Virdhawal Khade put up an impressive show at the 54th Malaysia Open Swimming Championship by bagging eight medals, including three gold.
Khade won gold medals in the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle events and two silver in the 50m and 100m butterfly events at the National Aquatics Centre in Bukit Jalil in Kuala Lumpur.
Ashwin Menon won a bronze in men`s 200m backstroke with a timing of 2:10.86s.
Khade reset the meet record in the 50m Freestyle category by clocking 23.01s. In the 100m freestyle he managed a timing of 51.01s while in the 200m freestyle he clocked 1:52.19s to claim gold.
In the 100m butterfly event, he clocked 54.67s while Vietnam`s Hoang Quy Phuoc (53.56s) took gold.
Apart from individual events, Khade won three silver medals in the relay events.
"It was a highly satisfying meet and I am happy that I bettered my timings. I look forward to the upcoming events and hope to bring more laurels to India," said Khade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested