Khade wins 8 medals in Malaysian Championship
New Delhi: Asian Games bronze medallist Virdhawal Khade put up an impressive show at the 54th Malaysia Open Swimming Championship by bagging eight medals, including three gold.
Khade won gold medals in the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle events and two silver in the 50m and 100m butterfly events at the National Aquatics Centre in Bukit Jalil in Kuala Lumpur.
Ashwin Menon won a bronze in men`s 200m backstroke with a timing of 2:10.86s.
Khade reset the meet record in the 50m Freestyle category by clocking 23.01s. In the 100m freestyle he managed a timing of 51.01s while in the 200m freestyle he clocked 1:52.19s to claim gold.
In the 100m butterfly event, he clocked 54.67s while Vietnam`s Hoang Quy Phuoc (53.56s) took gold.
Apart from individual events, Khade won three silver medals in the relay events.
"It was a highly satisfying meet and I am happy that I bettered my timings. I look forward to the upcoming events and hope to bring more laurels to India," said Khade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor