Khalli to become ambassador for Special Olympics
Shimla: Popular WWE wrestler Dalip Singh
Rana alias `The Great Khalli` has agreed to become the brand
ambassador of the Special Olympics for physically and mentally
"He has agreed to become the brand ambassador of the
Special Olympics," Mallika Nadda, Chairperson of the Special
Olympic Bharat - Himachal Pradesh Chapter, told PTI.
Formalities in this regard would be completed on Tuesday,
Nadda hoped presence of the famous wrestler would inspire
the physically and mentally challenged children and would also
add to the attraction of the quadrennial event - held both in
summer and winter.
Khalli, a resident of Dhiraina village in Sirmaur
district of Himachal Pradesh, is currently in India to attend
his younger brother`s marriage.
The last Winter Special Olympics was held in the USA in
February this year, while the next Summer Special Olympics is
scheduled in Athens, Greece in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step