Kobe Bryant out for 4th straight game
Los Angeles: NBA scoring leader Kobe Bryant will sit out his fourth consecutive game to rest his bruised shin.
Coach Mike Brown said after shootaround that the Los Angeles Lakers` superstar guard will miss Friday`s home game against the Denver Nuggets.
Bryant hasn`t played since scoring 28 points in a loss to Houston on April 6. He sat out the Lakers` three-game road trip over the past week.
Bryant is closing in on his third NBA scoring title, averaging 28.1 points while playing in each of the Lakers` first 56 games. Oklahoma City`s Kevin Durant, who won the NBA`s last two scoring titles, is second with 27.5 points per game.
Los Angeles is 2-1 in Bryant`s absence, beating San Antonio on Wednesday. The Lakers (37-22) lead the Pacific Division by one game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH