Kobe, Bynum carry Lakers past Grizzlies
Kobe Bryant`s partnership with Andrew Bynum continued to blossom on Tuesday as the Lakers duo carried Los Angeles to a thrilling 116-111 double overtime victory over the Memphis Grizzlies.
The seven-foot (2.13 metres) Bynum powered his way to 37 points and 16 rebounds while Bryant tallied 34, nine rebounds and five assists to give the Lakers (26-16) a rare road win against a top Western Conference team.
One game after Bryant had deferred to Bynum for a final shot in Los Angeles` close win over Boston, the tandem combined on a game-ending 10-2 run after the Grizzlies had led by three with about two and a half minutes to go.
Marreese Speights had 25 points and Marc Gasol added 20 for Memphis (24-17), who led by as much as 17 in the third quarter before watching the Lakers storm back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire