Kobe, Bynum carry Lakers past Grizzlies
Kobe Bryant`s partnership with Andrew Bynum continued to blossom on Tuesday as the Lakers duo carried Los Angeles to a thrilling 116-111 double overtime victory over the Memphis Grizzlies.
The seven-foot (2.13 metres) Bynum powered his way to 37 points and 16 rebounds while Bryant tallied 34, nine rebounds and five assists to give the Lakers (26-16) a rare road win against a top Western Conference team.
One game after Bryant had deferred to Bynum for a final shot in Los Angeles` close win over Boston, the tandem combined on a game-ending 10-2 run after the Grizzlies had led by three with about two and a half minutes to go.
Marreese Speights had 25 points and Marc Gasol added 20 for Memphis (24-17), who led by as much as 17 in the third quarter before watching the Lakers storm back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie