Lack of drinking water on Sea Link comes in for criticism
Mumbai: Lack of drinking water on the Rajiv Gandhi Bandra-Worli Sea Link during the Mumbai Marathon 2010 has come in for criticism from Indian long distance runner Ram Singh Yadav.
“Running on the Sea Link is fine but there were hardly any water points on the Sea Link, which is over five kilometers long,” Singh told reporters here.
“This didn’t make things any easier for us,” he added.
This wasn’t the only glitch during the Marathon as the athletes seemed to be confused with the new course route.
Organisers had to clear the chaos while the race was on as participants of different race categories joined on the same route.
Organisers had to redesign the course this year to incorporate the Sea Link in the route.
Meanwhile, Elite Athletes Co-ordinator for the event Ian Ladbrooke praised the Race Director Hugh Jones saying that this year’s organisation was better compared to the previous year.
This year it was tough as they (organisers) had to segregate the two races – the full Marathon and half marathon – to include the Sea Link in the route, he said.
While both the events started at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in the previous editions, this year the Half-Marathon started from the Bandra Reclamation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed