Lack of drinking water on Sea Link comes in for criticism
Mumbai: Lack of drinking water on the Rajiv Gandhi Bandra-Worli Sea Link during the Mumbai Marathon 2010 has come in for criticism from Indian long distance runner Ram Singh Yadav.
“Running on the Sea Link is fine but there were hardly any water points on the Sea Link, which is over five kilometers long,” Singh told reporters here.
“This didn’t make things any easier for us,” he added.
This wasn’t the only glitch during the Marathon as the athletes seemed to be confused with the new course route.
Organisers had to clear the chaos while the race was on as participants of different race categories joined on the same route.
Organisers had to redesign the course this year to incorporate the Sea Link in the route.
Meanwhile, Elite Athletes Co-ordinator for the event Ian Ladbrooke praised the Race Director Hugh Jones saying that this year’s organisation was better compared to the previous year.
This year it was tough as they (organisers) had to segregate the two races – the full Marathon and half marathon – to include the Sea Link in the route, he said.
While both the events started at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in the previous editions, this year the Half-Marathon started from the Bandra Reclamation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH