Lakers get swept by Spurs, out of the playoffs
Los Angeles: With an 82-103 loss to San Antonio Spurs in Game, the L.A. Lakers got swept 0-4 and their season came to an end in NBA (National Basketball Association) action.
Without Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Metta World Peace and Jodie Meeks, the short-handed Lakers had to play Game 4 against a much stronger opponent Sunday. And in the early third quarter, Dwight Howard was ejected after receiving his second technical foul, which made things even worse.
Kobe Bryant appeared on the team`s bench for the first time since his season-ending Achilles’ tendon injury.
Spurs` Tony Parker scored a game-high 23 points, Kawhi Leonard had 13 points and Tim Duncan added 11 points. Tracy McGrady made his first show for Spurs with 5 minutes, contributing one assist and one steal.
Pau Gasol led the Lakers with 16 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Andrew Goudelock had 14 points. Dwight Howard only played 20 minutes and 34 seconds, finishing with seven points and eight rebounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’