Lakers` Kobe Bryant hurts wrist, questionable for opener
New York: Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant tore a ligament in his right wrist in preseason game against the Los Angeles Clippers and is considered day-to-day, the National Basketball Association club said.
The twice NBA Finals Most Valuable Player will not play in Wednesday`s game against the Clippers but has not been ruled out of the Lakers` regular season opener against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday.
The 33-year-old Bryant, the NBA`s MVP in the 2007-08 season and a key contributor in five league championships for the Lakers, averaged 25.3 points, 4.7 assists and 5.3 rebounds last season in his 15th NBA campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report