Lamont Peterson claims to knock out Amir Khan
London: The New World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation Light-Welterweight Champion, Lamont Peterson, has claimed that he can knock out former champion Amir Khan.
He has also stressed that his contentious win against Khan was not a stroke of luck and he can knock him out, Mirror.co.uk reports.
Peterson also insisted that he had won his match against Khan lawfully and if anyone has any doubts over it then he is ready to fight him again in a knock out match.
Khan had claimed that he was robbed of a victory when referee decided to penalize him for pushing in round 7 and 12 and deducted two points in both rounds.
Peterson says he is sick of Khan’s whining behavior. “I want to clear everything up and even though I think I won a clear victory, I really think that I can knock Amir out”, says Peterson.
Peterson also blamed Khan’s promoters for trying to show a wrong picture to him by saying things like he was robbed by the referee and the judges, to him.
“As a promoter, you want to put these types of excuses in a fighter’s head, like he didn’t really lose, like he was robbed by the referee and the judges, to make it not feel like a loss.
Amir should now accept the reality that he lost to me,” he said. Peterson said he doesn’t wants to extend this controversy for long. “I don’t want any more dispute about it and the best way to do that is by winning by a knockout. And I think I can do it”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow