LeBron scores 39 points to lead Heat`s victory
Los Angeles: LeBron James` 39 points led the Miami Heat to a 99-90 win over rivals LA Lakers in NBA action here.
Heat forward LeBron dominated the game Thursday, and finished with eight assists and seven rebounds.
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant shot eight for 25, but four for nine from three-point range, contributing 22 points, four rebounds and one assist.
"It`s not much of a setback," Bryant said. "They played very well. They obviously have a familiarity, been playing together, and they know where they want to be in their spots. They executed down the stretch. LeBron made some tough shots."
"I thought we played well enough to beat them," said Lakers coach Mike D`Antoni. "That`s a championship team. They turned on all the juices, so it`s a good measuring stick. That`s what they do, and we have to get better. We`ve got to get smoother."
Dwyane Wade added another 27 points, five assists and four rebounds for Heat. Dwight Howard scored 13 points and 16 rebounds while Pau Gasol had 12 points and four rebounds on his return from a five-game absence with a concussion for the Lakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?