LeBron scores 39 points to lead Heat`s victory
Los Angeles: LeBron James` 39 points led the Miami Heat to a 99-90 win over rivals LA Lakers in NBA action here.
Heat forward LeBron dominated the game Thursday, and finished with eight assists and seven rebounds.
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant shot eight for 25, but four for nine from three-point range, contributing 22 points, four rebounds and one assist.
"It`s not much of a setback," Bryant said. "They played very well. They obviously have a familiarity, been playing together, and they know where they want to be in their spots. They executed down the stretch. LeBron made some tough shots."
"I thought we played well enough to beat them," said Lakers coach Mike D`Antoni. "That`s a championship team. They turned on all the juices, so it`s a good measuring stick. That`s what they do, and we have to get better. We`ve got to get smoother."
Dwyane Wade added another 27 points, five assists and four rebounds for Heat. Dwight Howard scored 13 points and 16 rebounds while Pau Gasol had 12 points and four rebounds on his return from a five-game absence with a concussion for the Lakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!