‘Madcap’ Balotelli turns to God in bid to tackle inner demons
London: Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has turned to God in bid to help him get rid of his demons, as the eccentric Italian forward was seen confessing his sins to a chaplain.
Balotelli was praying for forgiveness again on Friday as he met the Rev Peter Horlock after his latest training ground altercation with manager Roberto Mancini, the Daily Star reports.
Balotelli feared he would be crucified after his latest spat with Mancini on Thursday. However, the 48-year-old City manager laughed off the clash on Thursday after it emerged Balotelli was seeking help from the Almighty.
The Italian striker has regular one-to-one sessions with Mr Horlock, who agreed to meet him yesterday so Balotelli could repent for what many see as his worst behaviour yet.
Mancini, a Catholic, also gets regular advice from Mr Horlock on how to control his stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region