‘Madcap’ Balotelli turns to God in bid to tackle inner demons
London: Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has turned to God in bid to help him get rid of his demons, as the eccentric Italian forward was seen confessing his sins to a chaplain.
Balotelli was praying for forgiveness again on Friday as he met the Rev Peter Horlock after his latest training ground altercation with manager Roberto Mancini, the Daily Star reports.
Balotelli feared he would be crucified after his latest spat with Mancini on Thursday. However, the 48-year-old City manager laughed off the clash on Thursday after it emerged Balotelli was seeking help from the Almighty.
The Italian striker has regular one-to-one sessions with Mr Horlock, who agreed to meet him yesterday so Balotelli could repent for what many see as his worst behaviour yet.
Mancini, a Catholic, also gets regular advice from Mr Horlock on how to control his stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach