Mary Kom hits out at Manipur government
New Delhi: India`s legendary female boxer MC Mary Kom on Thursday hit out against her home state government of Manipur saying she is still waiting for the piece of land promised to her two years ago.
The five-time World Champion and Olympic bronze medallist said the state government also has gone back on its promise of giving her the long pending promotion in the state police.
"I have been waiting and waiting for things to happen but nothing moves forward. It`s a three acre piece of land that was promised long back by the state government," said Mary Kom, who was felicitated by Mahindra Group here.
Mary Kom, who was presented with Mahindra`s sports utility vehicle Bolero, said the land had already been identified but the paperworks have been delayed.
"The land has been finalised. We know where it is but the paperwork has not been done," said the 29-year-old, a mother of twin sons.
Mary Kom said she has been enjoying the series of felicitations since bagging the bronze in London.
"I am just enjoying the adulation. There is no major competition this year and I will start training only in the new year. Mary Kom is still Mary Kom attending felicitations and travelling to different cities are only changes in my life. I am still a boxer first," she said.
Mary Kom said she has not set her sights on gold medal in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
"I want to be there in Glasgow. I am always ready for a fight. If I am selected I will definitely compete," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir