Mesut Ozil makes Arsenal debut at Sunderland
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger handed club record signing Mesut Ozil his debut against Sunderland on Saturday.
Reports had suggested Ozil may have missed the Premier League clash at the Stadium of Light due to illness, but the Germany international was declared fit to start.
Ozil, who joined Arsenal for £43 million ($68 million, 51 million euros) from Real Madrid on transfer deadline day earlier this month, was included as one of three changes to the side which beat Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 last time out as he, Bacary Sagna and Mathieu Flamini replaced Santi Cazorla, Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says