Mesut Ozil makes Arsenal debut at Sunderland
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger handed club record signing Mesut Ozil his debut against Sunderland on Saturday.
Reports had suggested Ozil may have missed the Premier League clash at the Stadium of Light due to illness, but the Germany international was declared fit to start.
Ozil, who joined Arsenal for £43 million ($68 million, 51 million euros) from Real Madrid on transfer deadline day earlier this month, was included as one of three changes to the side which beat Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 last time out as he, Bacary Sagna and Mathieu Flamini replaced Santi Cazorla, Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'