Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield smoke peace pipe
New York: Former heavyweight champions Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield have a made an appearance together during a promotional event for Holyfield’s new barbecue products in Chicago.
15 years ago, the champions were involved in a gory boxing match in which Tyson chomped part of Holyfield`s ear off.
But this time, Tyson and Holyfield were smiling and hugged each other without any apparent ill-will, during the event, in which Tyson claimed to love Holyfield and said that he would be linked with him for the rest of his life.
Making light of the ‘ear-biting’ incident, Tyson said that the incident had turned into something positive because of the involvement of love and forgiveness, and added that both of them are at a stage where they can work together and be successful.
Holyfield also dismissed the fateful incident and said that he had forgiven Tyson, and encouraged the former ‘Baddest man on the Planet’ to move forward with his life.
Holyfield spoke about Tyson’s documentary on his controversial life and said that the show is Tyson’s way of coming to an agreement with the things that he had done in his life, both positive and negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!