Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield smoke peace pipe
New York: Former heavyweight champions Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield have a made an appearance together during a promotional event for Holyfield’s new barbecue products in Chicago.
15 years ago, the champions were involved in a gory boxing match in which Tyson chomped part of Holyfield`s ear off.
But this time, Tyson and Holyfield were smiling and hugged each other without any apparent ill-will, during the event, in which Tyson claimed to love Holyfield and said that he would be linked with him for the rest of his life.
Making light of the ‘ear-biting’ incident, Tyson said that the incident had turned into something positive because of the involvement of love and forgiveness, and added that both of them are at a stage where they can work together and be successful.
Holyfield also dismissed the fateful incident and said that he had forgiven Tyson, and encouraged the former ‘Baddest man on the Planet’ to move forward with his life.
Holyfield spoke about Tyson’s documentary on his controversial life and said that the show is Tyson’s way of coming to an agreement with the things that he had done in his life, both positive and negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly