Ministry issues Dec 31 deadline to NSFs to amend constitution
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has issued a fresh deadline to eight National Sports Federations (NSFs), which have not yet amended their constitution in accordance with the sports code, asking them to submit the required documents by December 31, 2013, failing which their government recognition could be "impacted".
The Ministry, in a letter, issued to eight NSFs -- Deaf, Fencing, Handball, Jump Rope, Karate-Do, Wrestling, Wushu and Yachting -- said failure to submit the required documents incorporating the guidelines of age and tenure in their constitution will lead to non-renewal of recognition for 2014 and stoppage of grants to the concerned Federations.
"In continuation to its earlier communications on the subject, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has given last opportunity to eight National Sports Federations (NSFs) to hold AGM Special General Body Meeting to incorporate the Guidelines of Sports Code on age and tenure guidelines in their constitution," Ministry said in a letter.
"Failure to submit the required documents incorporating the guidelines will lead to non-renewal of recognition for 2014 and stoppage of grants to the concerned NSF," the letter further added. So far, out of 53 recognised NSFs in the country, 45 have already amended their constitution, incorporating the guidelines relating to age and tenure limits.
Thus, the Ministry has shot off a fresh letter to only those eight, who are yet submitted the revised by-laws/ constitution incorporating the aforesaid guidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder