Muhammad Ali’s family rejects ‘near death’ claims by brother
Sydney: Muhammad Ali’s family has rejected suggestion that the legendary boxer is near his end, posting a picture of him enjoying the Super Bowl on social networking website Twitter.
Earlier, Ali`s brother had told British media that the sporting great, who suffers from Parkinson`s disease, could be dead within days.
But Ali`s daughter May said she had spoken to her father on the phone on Sunday morning and he was fine.
May said Ali is fine in fact he was talking well this morning, adding that these rumours pop up every once in a while but there`s nothing to them. Ali`s family told an American paper that he was in good spirits and tweeted a picture of him enjoying the Super Bowl in a Baltimore Ravens jersey, the paper reported.
Ali’s family spokesman Bob Gunnell slammed the UK media reports, claiming the greatest boxer of all time looks great and is having a Super Bowl party.
The tweeted picture shows Ali with fists raised along with the words: “The Greatest is ready for the Super Bowl! Go @Ravens!”
Rahman Ali had told a British daily that his 71-year-old brother, who is known as The Greatest, cannot speak and no longer recognizes him and could be dead within days.
Former heavyweight boxing champion Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson`s in 1984. Regarded as one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, he has made many public appearances over the years, including at the Sugar Bowl college football game last month, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened