Mujtaba looking to support Sardar in midfield
Glasgow: Making his comeback to the Indian hockey team, Danish Mujtaba wants to support captain and playmaker Sardar Singh in the midfield to better the team`s chances at the Commonwealth Games.
"With my comeback to the team, my focus will be to support Sardar in midfield and in the process, give the required balance to both the forward line-up as well as the defence," said Mujtaba, who has 111 caps.
"Apart from Sardar, our midfield has the backing of Dharamvir Singh, Chinglensana Singh and Manpreet Singh, making us a formidable line-up for the opponents. The faster we play, the better chances we open up for the team," added the midfielder, who will represent India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India will start their campaign against Wales (July 25), followed by Scotland (July 26), Australia (July 29) and South Africa (July 31). The top two teams from the two groups will qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch