Mujtaba looking to support Sardar in midfield
Glasgow: Making his comeback to the Indian hockey team, Danish Mujtaba wants to support captain and playmaker Sardar Singh in the midfield to better the team`s chances at the Commonwealth Games.
"With my comeback to the team, my focus will be to support Sardar in midfield and in the process, give the required balance to both the forward line-up as well as the defence," said Mujtaba, who has 111 caps.
"Apart from Sardar, our midfield has the backing of Dharamvir Singh, Chinglensana Singh and Manpreet Singh, making us a formidable line-up for the opponents. The faster we play, the better chances we open up for the team," added the midfielder, who will represent India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India will start their campaign against Wales (July 25), followed by Scotland (July 26), Australia (July 29) and South Africa (July 31). The top two teams from the two groups will qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause