Mujtaba looking to support Sardar in midfield
Glasgow: Making his comeback to the Indian hockey team, Danish Mujtaba wants to support captain and playmaker Sardar Singh in the midfield to better the team`s chances at the Commonwealth Games.
"With my comeback to the team, my focus will be to support Sardar in midfield and in the process, give the required balance to both the forward line-up as well as the defence," said Mujtaba, who has 111 caps.
"Apart from Sardar, our midfield has the backing of Dharamvir Singh, Chinglensana Singh and Manpreet Singh, making us a formidable line-up for the opponents. The faster we play, the better chances we open up for the team," added the midfielder, who will represent India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India will start their campaign against Wales (July 25), followed by Scotland (July 26), Australia (July 29) and South Africa (July 31). The top two teams from the two groups will qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine