Mujtaba looking to support Sardar in midfield
Glasgow: Making his comeback to the Indian hockey team, Danish Mujtaba wants to support captain and playmaker Sardar Singh in the midfield to better the team`s chances at the Commonwealth Games.
"With my comeback to the team, my focus will be to support Sardar in midfield and in the process, give the required balance to both the forward line-up as well as the defence," said Mujtaba, who has 111 caps.
"Apart from Sardar, our midfield has the backing of Dharamvir Singh, Chinglensana Singh and Manpreet Singh, making us a formidable line-up for the opponents. The faster we play, the better chances we open up for the team," added the midfielder, who will represent India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India will start their campaign against Wales (July 25), followed by Scotland (July 26), Australia (July 29) and South Africa (July 31). The top two teams from the two groups will qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog