Mujtaba looking to support Sardar in midfield
Glasgow: Making his comeback to the Indian hockey team, Danish Mujtaba wants to support captain and playmaker Sardar Singh in the midfield to better the team`s chances at the Commonwealth Games.
"With my comeback to the team, my focus will be to support Sardar in midfield and in the process, give the required balance to both the forward line-up as well as the defence," said Mujtaba, who has 111 caps.
"Apart from Sardar, our midfield has the backing of Dharamvir Singh, Chinglensana Singh and Manpreet Singh, making us a formidable line-up for the opponents. The faster we play, the better chances we open up for the team," added the midfielder, who will represent India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India will start their campaign against Wales (July 25), followed by Scotland (July 26), Australia (July 29) and South Africa (July 31). The top two teams from the two groups will qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured