Mumbai Magicians’ Pakistani players sent home after Shiv Sena threat
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Four of the Pakistani players in Hockey India League’s Mumbai Magicians are going to return home following threats to the players from the Shiv Sena in Mumbai following the recent incident at the LOC.
Reports suggest that the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has been informed of this step as the players head home. The PHF had earlier made a statement saying that the nine Pakistan players taking part in the Indian Hockey League in India were safe and there was no security concern regarding their participation in the event.
But after further protests and Shiv Sena threats, it was decided that the Mumbai Magicians’ Pakistani team-members would be made to head back to their country, keeping their safety in mind.
Rashid Mehmood, Fareed Ahmed, Imran Butt and Mohammad Tauseeq were the four Pakistani players in Mumbai Magicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’