Mumbai Magicians’ Pakistani players sent home after Shiv Sena threat
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Four of the Pakistani players in Hockey India League’s Mumbai Magicians are going to return home following threats to the players from the Shiv Sena in Mumbai following the recent incident at the LOC.
Reports suggest that the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has been informed of this step as the players head home. The PHF had earlier made a statement saying that the nine Pakistan players taking part in the Indian Hockey League in India were safe and there was no security concern regarding their participation in the event.
But after further protests and Shiv Sena threats, it was decided that the Mumbai Magicians’ Pakistani team-members would be made to head back to their country, keeping their safety in mind.
Rashid Mehmood, Fareed Ahmed, Imran Butt and Mohammad Tauseeq were the four Pakistani players in Mumbai Magicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video