Mumbai Magicians strive for win in first home tie
Mumbai: After losing their opening two away games, Mumbai Magicians will look to halt their losing streak when they take on Jaypee Punjab Warriors in their first home game here on Sunday.
Mumbai lost 1-2 to Delhi Waveriders in their lung opener and then went down 1-3 to Ranchi Rhinos last night to log two points from as many games.
Sunday’s game at the MHA Mahindra Stadium is expected to attract a big crowd rooting for the Ric Charlesworth-coached outfit which should give the team a big boost.
Aussie Charlesworth is still working on the coordination among players after the loss of four Pakistan recruits who had to return home following Shiv Sena`s protest against their presence ahead of the team`s practice last Sunday.
"It takes time to develop good coordination among players and all teams are facing the same problem. We are working on it," said the former Aussie great after the comprehensive loss to Rhinos.
Skipper Liam De Young accepted the fact that there were soft errors for which the team paid.
"There are still some areas left where we need to work. Due to some basic errors, we lost the match today," he said.
Rivals Punjab have lost one match more than Mumbai and they too are struggling to combine as a team. Punjab have lost by identical 1-2 margins to Delhi, Ranchi and Uttar Pradesh Wizards.
While Mumbai are lying last in the five-team league, Punjab are one rung above and a victory for either would be the ideal shot in the arm.
After taking on Punjab, Mumbai have a return game against Delhi, scheduled on Monday, to exact revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`