Murray ready to ‘sacrifice’ Miami success for Wimbledon victory
London: British tennis star Andy Murray has said that says he is willing to sacrifice success over the next few weeks, if it led him to perform well at the Wimbledon this summer.
Murray, who lost his chances to win the Indian Wells Masters after suffering defeat at the hands of Argentina’s Juan Martin Del Potro in the quarter-finals on Friday, said that he has eyes now on the bigger picture.
However, he added that a win in the next tournament will be also good. According to Murray, a player has to look further down the road sometimes and not just focus on one event if it meant attaining greater success, adding that by taking a break now he will be fresher than before, for the French Open and the Wimbledon.
Murray took February off to train with his coach Ivan Lendl in Miami and now heads to the city for another Masters 1000 tournament this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?