Nandini Parmar wins bronze in Asian Karate C`ship
New Delhi: Nandini Parmar has become the first Indian to win a medal at the Asian Karate Championships, bagging a bronze in the junior category of the event in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
"For the first time in the history of Indian karate, a girl Nandini Parmar has won a bronze medal at the Asian Karate Championship," All India Karate-Do Federation said in a release.
Parmar will be given a cash award of Rs one lakh by the federation for her achievement in an event held from July 14 to 17 and featuring 30 countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah