Nandini Parmar wins bronze in Asian Karate C`ship
New Delhi: Nandini Parmar has become the first Indian to win a medal at the Asian Karate Championships, bagging a bronze in the junior category of the event in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
"For the first time in the history of Indian karate, a girl Nandini Parmar has won a bronze medal at the Asian Karate Championship," All India Karate-Do Federation said in a release.
Parmar will be given a cash award of Rs one lakh by the federation for her achievement in an event held from July 14 to 17 and featuring 30 countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed