Nandini Parmar wins bronze in Asian Karate C`ship
New Delhi: Nandini Parmar has become the first Indian to win a medal at the Asian Karate Championships, bagging a bronze in the junior category of the event in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
"For the first time in the history of Indian karate, a girl Nandini Parmar has won a bronze medal at the Asian Karate Championship," All India Karate-Do Federation said in a release.
Parmar will be given a cash award of Rs one lakh by the federation for her achievement in an event held from July 14 to 17 and featuring 30 countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster