NBA: Lakers post 22nd straight win against Wolves
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant led the Lakers with 31 points and seven assists to beat the Wolves 120-117 for their 22nd straight win against the Minnesotans, extending the longest active winning streak against one team in the NBA.
The Wolves` Rubio insisted Kobe fouled him when he shot the three-pointer buzzer beater, but Kobe said, "That`s not a foul."
"Sometimes it`s not fair because we give 100 percent and sometimes we can`t control things," Rubio said. "But we have to improve things that we can control."
Lakers` Metta World Peace injured his left knee late in the first half of L.A.`s 109-103 loss to Golden State Monday; he will miss at least six weeks to undergo surgery, Meeks started for him.
The Lakers changed their strategy by slowing down the game, leading to Howard and Gasol getting more shooting opportunities. Howard shot nine of 13, but only seven of 17 from the free throw line, contributing 25 points and 16 rebounds. Gasol hit eight of 12, donating 17 points and nine rebounds. Bench Jamison had 18 points, Nash added 16 points.
The Lakers` defence improved little, they also made 21 turnovers, which let the Wolves get 17 offence rebounds and 23 points from second chances.
Eight players of the Wolves scored in double figure, Pekovic had 19 points and 16 rebounds, Rubio contributed 13 points and seven assists, Cunningham got 18 points, and Williams scored 15 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!