NBA: Lakers post 22nd straight win against Wolves
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant led the Lakers with 31 points and seven assists to beat the Wolves 120-117 for their 22nd straight win against the Minnesotans, extending the longest active winning streak against one team in the NBA.
The Wolves` Rubio insisted Kobe fouled him when he shot the three-pointer buzzer beater, but Kobe said, "That`s not a foul."
"Sometimes it`s not fair because we give 100 percent and sometimes we can`t control things," Rubio said. "But we have to improve things that we can control."
Lakers` Metta World Peace injured his left knee late in the first half of L.A.`s 109-103 loss to Golden State Monday; he will miss at least six weeks to undergo surgery, Meeks started for him.
The Lakers changed their strategy by slowing down the game, leading to Howard and Gasol getting more shooting opportunities. Howard shot nine of 13, but only seven of 17 from the free throw line, contributing 25 points and 16 rebounds. Gasol hit eight of 12, donating 17 points and nine rebounds. Bench Jamison had 18 points, Nash added 16 points.
The Lakers` defence improved little, they also made 21 turnovers, which let the Wolves get 17 offence rebounds and 23 points from second chances.
Eight players of the Wolves scored in double figure, Pekovic had 19 points and 16 rebounds, Rubio contributed 13 points and seven assists, Cunningham got 18 points, and Williams scored 15 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp