NBA: Miami Heat destroy Cavaliers in tense atmosphere
The Miami Heat, led by LeBron James, torched the Cleveland Cavaliers 111-87 on Friday to record their fifth consecutive road win in front of an unforgiving crowd in Cleveland on Friday.
James scored 16 of his game-high 28 points in the third quarter as the Heat extended their lead to as many as 34 points before he sat out the fourth.
James was booed loudly again by the Cleveland fans who have not forgiven him for leaving the team in 2010.
Miami scored the first 11 points of the game and never let up in the dominant performance.
Dwyane Wade scored 22 points before joining James on the bench for the entire fourth quarter. Chris Bosh recorded a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Rookie guard Kyrie Irving led the Cavaliers with 17 points, while Ramon Sessions scored 15 points off the bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why