Nowitzki and Nash make NBA history
New York: A pair of former Dallas Maverick teammates, Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash, made National Basketball Association history on the same night by achieving a couple of milestones.
Current Maverick Nowitzki vaulted into 10th place on the league`s all-time scoring list on Tuesday night while former Dallas guard Nash moved into third place on the all-time assist list.
Germany`s Nowitzki finished with 21 points to move past Oscar Robertson to take over sole possession of 10th in the Mavericks 95-83 win over Utah.
Nowitzki now has 27,714 points for his career, Robertson had 26,710.
"One of the few times I`ve truly been in awe of an accomplishment," Nowitzki said. "Top 10 all-time scorers is an unbelievable accomplishment because it`s a level of excellence that`s beyond belief."
Los Angeles Lakers guard Nash passed Mark Jackson to grab third place all-time on the assist list. Nash now has 10,335 career assists.
Canada`s Nash set the mark with two minutes left in the second quarter of the Lakers game against the Houston Rockets.
Jackson, who is now coach of the Golden State Warriors, congratulated Nash via Twitter.
"Congrats to the great Steve Nash on passing me on the all time assist list! I am honored!! God Bless."
Nash played for the Mavericks from 1998 to 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing