Olympic champion Bolt starts season with home event
Kingston (Jamaica): Fastest man on earth, Olympic champion Usain Bolt will make his season`s debut at the Jamaica International Invitational Meet in the run-up to this year`s London Olympic Games.
Bolt became the first man in Olympic history to win both the 100m and 200m races in world record times, and then formed part of the 4x100m Jamaican relay team that also smashed the world record later in the meet.
"It is always a great privilege to run in front of my home fans. This will be my first big meet of 2012 as I prepare to defend my titles in the Olympic Games in London in August," Bolt was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The IAAF (International Association of Athletic Federations) world challenge-level meet will be held in Kingston`s national stadium May 5.
The double world record holder has already been confirmed for the Golden Spike in Ostrava, Golden Gala in Rome and Bislett Games in Oslo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling