Olympic champion Bolt starts season with home event
Kingston (Jamaica): Fastest man on earth, Olympic champion Usain Bolt will make his season`s debut at the Jamaica International Invitational Meet in the run-up to this year`s London Olympic Games.
Bolt became the first man in Olympic history to win both the 100m and 200m races in world record times, and then formed part of the 4x100m Jamaican relay team that also smashed the world record later in the meet.
"It is always a great privilege to run in front of my home fans. This will be my first big meet of 2012 as I prepare to defend my titles in the Olympic Games in London in August," Bolt was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The IAAF (International Association of Athletic Federations) world challenge-level meet will be held in Kingston`s national stadium May 5.
The double world record holder has already been confirmed for the Golden Spike in Ostrava, Golden Gala in Rome and Bislett Games in Oslo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees