Olympic champion Bolt starts season with home event
Kingston (Jamaica): Fastest man on earth, Olympic champion Usain Bolt will make his season`s debut at the Jamaica International Invitational Meet in the run-up to this year`s London Olympic Games.
Bolt became the first man in Olympic history to win both the 100m and 200m races in world record times, and then formed part of the 4x100m Jamaican relay team that also smashed the world record later in the meet.
"It is always a great privilege to run in front of my home fans. This will be my first big meet of 2012 as I prepare to defend my titles in the Olympic Games in London in August," Bolt was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The IAAF (International Association of Athletic Federations) world challenge-level meet will be held in Kingston`s national stadium May 5.
The double world record holder has already been confirmed for the Golden Spike in Ostrava, Golden Gala in Rome and Bislett Games in Oslo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore