Oscar Pistorius fined 69,169 pound over undeclared assets
London: South African sprint runner Oscar Pistorius has been fined 69,169 pounds for unpaid taxes following a disclosure into his assets during a bail hearing over girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp`s murder charges.
Pistorius will face the next court hearing on June 4, which will be the first since being out on bail. The case is likely to be postponed until a date in August when the police hopes to have completed their investigation procedures.
While Pistorius`s uncle, Arnold Pistorius, said that `Oscar is tax compliant`, his agent Peet van Zyl, added that he is not aware of his unpaid taxes, claiming that his taxes have been up-to-date and does not find any reason as to why the South African Revenue Service has suggested otherwise.
The Paralympian declared in a court affidavit during his bail hearing that he earned around 630,000 dollars a year and owned three houses and a vacant plot in South Africa with a combined value of nearly one million dollar.
The Paralympian owns another house in Johannesburg, which he bought for 677,856 pound this year but was not declared as part of his assets in the affidavit.
Much of Pistorius`s income is believed to have come from sponsors Nike and eyewear company Oakley, which suspended their deals after he was charged with murder.
Pistorius`s family has denied previous reports that he is facing financial ruin because of legal costs, saying in a statement in March that those bills are `under control` and though Oscar`s legal expenses are massive, he has sold off some of his investments, including his racehorses and will make decisions after evaluating the cost situation on a daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof