Oscar Pistorius sells `Steenkamp murder house` in Pretoria to help pay trial cost
London: Paralympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius has sold the house where he killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on valentine`s day last year and would reportedly use the money to pay his murder trial costs.
He sold his house to mining consultant Louwtjie Louwrens , who paid Pistorius 2,50,000 pounds; 1,20,000 pounds less than the original price.
Louwrens, who has two kids, said that there is some water damage to repair before he can retire to the property in Pretoria, The Mirror reported.
Louwrens said that the house is in a safe area and everyone he dealt with was very professional.
The father of two is a mining consultant and a former general manager of a gold mine.
Pistorius remains on trial for murdering Steenkamp, whom the Paralympic sprinter says that he shot by accident on Valentine`s Day last year after mistaking her for an intruder, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day