P T Usha, Gopichand in IOA`s new Advisory panel
New Delhi: The newly-elected executive council of the Indian Olympic Association today constituted a three-member advisory panel to guide the office bearers on the problems faced by the athletes, besides forming a nine-member Athletes Commission to oversee the needs of the players.
The three-member advisory panel includes P T Usha, P Gopichand and Dilip Tirkey.
The General body also discussed the International Olympic Council`s statement that the elections were null and void and wished to clarify that the polls took place with a well laid-out procedure.
"The elections were conducted under the guidance of a three-member Election Commission comprising Retired Chief Justice Anil Dev Singh, Justice V K Bali and Justice J D Kappor and even the Union Government had sent its observer Joy Sebastian to oversee the election process," the IOA said in a statement.
"Even the members of the media were present at the venue in large numbers and it only proves that the election were held in free and fair manner and also with the approval of all the stakeholders party to the Indian Olympic Association in India," it added.
Abhay Singh Chautala yesterday took over as the President of the IOA while the tainted Lalit Bhanot became the secretary general after the sports body conducted its controversial elections defying the IOC`s directive not to go ahead with the polls. Chautala and Bhanot were declared elected unopposed.
Chairman: Gurbachan Singh Randhawa ? Athletics
Members: Wilson Cherian - Swimming
K Malleswari- Weighlifting
Manjit Dua- Table Tennis
Jatinder Singh- Boxing
Aparna Popat- Badminton
Anuj Kumar- Wrestling
Lawn tennis and Archery will nominate their members soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks