Padma Shri Girisha Hosanagara gets first corporate sponsorship
New Delhi: London paralympics silver-medallist and Padma Shri awardee Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda has been roped in by nutrition company Herbalife as a brand ambassador.
"Herbalife, a global nutrition company, announced today that it has signed Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda, silver medallist at the 2012 Summer Paralympics and a Padma Shri award recipient from the Government of India, as its new brand personality," the company said in a statement.
As part of the agreement, Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda will endorse some of his personal Herbalife favourites such as Formula 1 Nutritional Shake and Afresh Energy Drink Mix.
Commenting on his association with Herbalife, Girisha said, "This is my first corporate sponsorship. I am excited to be associated with Herbalife and thankful for their support."
The high-jumper`s first achievement at the international level came when he won a bronze medal at the Junior World Championships for the disabled in Ireland in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17