Padma Shri Girisha Hosanagara gets first corporate sponsorship
New Delhi: London paralympics silver-medallist and Padma Shri awardee Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda has been roped in by nutrition company Herbalife as a brand ambassador.
"Herbalife, a global nutrition company, announced today that it has signed Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda, silver medallist at the 2012 Summer Paralympics and a Padma Shri award recipient from the Government of India, as its new brand personality," the company said in a statement.
As part of the agreement, Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda will endorse some of his personal Herbalife favourites such as Formula 1 Nutritional Shake and Afresh Energy Drink Mix.
Commenting on his association with Herbalife, Girisha said, "This is my first corporate sponsorship. I am excited to be associated with Herbalife and thankful for their support."
The high-jumper`s first achievement at the international level came when he won a bronze medal at the Junior World Championships for the disabled in Ireland in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!