Padma Shri Girisha Hosanagara gets first corporate sponsorship
New Delhi: London paralympics silver-medallist and Padma Shri awardee Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda has been roped in by nutrition company Herbalife as a brand ambassador.
"Herbalife, a global nutrition company, announced today that it has signed Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda, silver medallist at the 2012 Summer Paralympics and a Padma Shri award recipient from the Government of India, as its new brand personality," the company said in a statement.
As part of the agreement, Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda will endorse some of his personal Herbalife favourites such as Formula 1 Nutritional Shake and Afresh Energy Drink Mix.
Commenting on his association with Herbalife, Girisha said, "This is my first corporate sponsorship. I am excited to be associated with Herbalife and thankful for their support."
The high-jumper`s first achievement at the international level came when he won a bronze medal at the Junior World Championships for the disabled in Ireland in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire