Padma Shri Girisha Hosanagara gets first corporate sponsorship
New Delhi: London paralympics silver-medallist and Padma Shri awardee Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda has been roped in by nutrition company Herbalife as a brand ambassador.
"Herbalife, a global nutrition company, announced today that it has signed Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda, silver medallist at the 2012 Summer Paralympics and a Padma Shri award recipient from the Government of India, as its new brand personality," the company said in a statement.
As part of the agreement, Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda will endorse some of his personal Herbalife favourites such as Formula 1 Nutritional Shake and Afresh Energy Drink Mix.
Commenting on his association with Herbalife, Girisha said, "This is my first corporate sponsorship. I am excited to be associated with Herbalife and thankful for their support."
The high-jumper`s first achievement at the international level came when he won a bronze medal at the Junior World Championships for the disabled in Ireland in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside