Paes, Somdev lose doubles semifinals in ATP events
New Delhi: Leander Paes and Somdev Devvarman crashed out of different ATP tournaments after losing their respective doubles semifinal matches along with their respective partners on Friday.
Paes and his Italian partner Daniele Bracciali lost their semifinal match in Thailand Open in Bangkok while Somdev and his South African partner Rik De Voest went down fighting in their last four match in Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur.
Second seeds Paes and Bracciali were handed a 3-6 4-6 defeat by third seeded pair of Jamie Murray of Scotland and John Peers of Australia in the semifinals that lasted one hour and four minutes.
Meanwhile, Somdev and de Voest squandered a set advantage to go down 6-0 2-6 7-10 to the pair of Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay and Horacio Zeballos of Argentina in a 53-minute semifinal match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical