Paes, Somdev lose doubles semifinals in ATP events
New Delhi: Leander Paes and Somdev Devvarman crashed out of different ATP tournaments after losing their respective doubles semifinal matches along with their respective partners on Friday.
Paes and his Italian partner Daniele Bracciali lost their semifinal match in Thailand Open in Bangkok while Somdev and his South African partner Rik De Voest went down fighting in their last four match in Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur.
Second seeds Paes and Bracciali were handed a 3-6 4-6 defeat by third seeded pair of Jamie Murray of Scotland and John Peers of Australia in the semifinals that lasted one hour and four minutes.
Meanwhile, Somdev and de Voest squandered a set advantage to go down 6-0 2-6 7-10 to the pair of Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay and Horacio Zeballos of Argentina in a 53-minute semifinal match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter