Paes, Somdev lose doubles semifinals in ATP events
New Delhi: Leander Paes and Somdev Devvarman crashed out of different ATP tournaments after losing their respective doubles semifinal matches along with their respective partners on Friday.
Paes and his Italian partner Daniele Bracciali lost their semifinal match in Thailand Open in Bangkok while Somdev and his South African partner Rik De Voest went down fighting in their last four match in Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur.
Second seeds Paes and Bracciali were handed a 3-6 4-6 defeat by third seeded pair of Jamie Murray of Scotland and John Peers of Australia in the semifinals that lasted one hour and four minutes.
Meanwhile, Somdev and de Voest squandered a set advantage to go down 6-0 2-6 7-10 to the pair of Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay and Horacio Zeballos of Argentina in a 53-minute semifinal match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says