Paes, Somdev lose doubles semifinals in ATP events
New Delhi: Leander Paes and Somdev Devvarman crashed out of different ATP tournaments after losing their respective doubles semifinal matches along with their respective partners on Friday.
Paes and his Italian partner Daniele Bracciali lost their semifinal match in Thailand Open in Bangkok while Somdev and his South African partner Rik De Voest went down fighting in their last four match in Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur.
Second seeds Paes and Bracciali were handed a 3-6 4-6 defeat by third seeded pair of Jamie Murray of Scotland and John Peers of Australia in the semifinals that lasted one hour and four minutes.
Meanwhile, Somdev and de Voest squandered a set advantage to go down 6-0 2-6 7-10 to the pair of Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay and Horacio Zeballos of Argentina in a 53-minute semifinal match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference